Although Tennessee law does allow residents twenty-one years and older to obtain a permit that allows them to carry a firearm legally, there are several circumstances under which you are not able to carry or have otherwise committed a crime involving weapons.
Types of Gun Charges You Could Face
There are various types of weapons charges you could be arrested for, and the gun law violations in Memphis are prosecuted zealously by prosecutors. These are some of the most common weapons offenses that individuals are arrested for in Memphis:
- Unlawful Carrying or Possession of a Weapon
- Possession of a Weapon or Gun in an Airport
- Possession of a Weapon on School Property
- Possession of a Firearm in Commission of a Felony
- Possession of an Illegal Weapon
- Convicted Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a Handgun While Intoxicated
Just a Few Considerations in Defending Your Case:
- Can prosecutors prove you actually or constructively possessed the weapon in question?
- Was there probable cause to search the vehicle or location where the weapon was located? Was it discovered by lawful search and seizure?
- If the weapon shows to be stolen, how long ago was the theft and can they reasonably presume that you are responsible for that theft?
A weapons charge is a serious matter that should not be taken lightly. In certain circumstances, these cases may be prosecuted in Federal Court as well as the State of Tennessee Courts. Having successfully defended clients in federal and state courts, the Memphis gun charge attorneys at The McDaniel Law Firm will fully review the prosecution’s case to provide you with a strong defense.
Protect Your Future With a Strong Defense
The McDaniel Law Firm has 37 years of experience representing clients charged with serious criminal charges, such as Unlawful Possession of a Firearm. We provide personalized service and work diligently to provide you the strongest defense in order to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Call The McDaniel Law Firm to discuss your case or to schedule a Free Consultation – 901-527-6518